LWVBN Candidate Forums
Photo Credit: 2017, League of Women Voters via Flickr.
All rights reserved.
The League of Women Voters of Buffalo Niagara is pleased to conduct the following Candidate Forums for the 2023 General Election, November 7, 2023:
East Aurora Candidate Forum
- Date: October 17, 2023
- Time: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Place: East Aurora Senior Center, 101 King Street, East Aurora
Candidates for Erie County Executive, the Erie County Legislature, District 10, and the Aurora Town Council will be invited to participate.
Amherst Candidate Forum
- Date: October 26, 2023
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Place: Amherst Center for Senior Services, 370 John James Audubon Parkway, Amherst
People may arrive beginning at 5:30 p.m. Candidates for Erie County Executive, Erie County Legislature Districts 5 and 6, and the Town of Amherst will be invited to participate.
LWV Nonpartisan Policy:
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan organization. Candidates and political parties are never supported or approved.
LWV Empty Chair Policy:
The League requires that there be at least two candidates for each race as participants in this event. Only candidates who have been certified to be on the ballot may participate.
Countdown to Election Day 2023
Photo Credit: 1990, League
of Women Voters via Flickr.
All rights reserved.
General Election Dates
- November 7, 2023 : General Election
- October 28-November 5, 2023 : Days of Early Voting
- Polls open 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Voter Registration for General Election
- October 23: Last day for BOE to receive change of address
- October 28: Last day voter registration must be received by BOE to be eligible to vote in general election
Absentee Voting for General Election
- October 23: Last day for BOE to RECEIVE application or letter of application by mail or online portal for general election ballot
- November 6: Last day to apply in person for general election ballot
- November 7: Last day to postmark general election ballot. Must be received by the county board no later than Nov 14th
- November 7: Last day to deliver general election ballot in person to your county board or your poll site, by close of polls on election day
Our Voter Registration FAQ has information on how to register to vote, how to vote by absentee ballot, and much more. Our Voter Information Page has information on the two ballot proposals which will be on the ballot in November.
Upcoming LWVB/N Meetings
Some meetings are held in person, many meetings are held remotely Click on any event to find more details.
Please use the members calendar to find all upcoming meetings and events and automatically add them to your calendar app.
LWVBN Volunteer Opportunities
It's fall! Pumpkins and maple flavors, and time to get more voters registered. We had good efforts for National Voter Registration day and at local colleges, but there's more to be done before the 10/28 deadline to vote in the 11/7 election. If you are interested in volunteering, please email the Volunteer Coordinator or call the League office at (716) 986-4898.
State League Newsletter
The August 2023 State Voter is online. (08/25/2023)
LWVNYS Criminal Justice Committee
Voting in New York State Jails: A Qualitative Analysis of Access a study conducted by Hazel Weiser of LWVNY. (June 2023)
LWVNY Legislative Hot Topics
Support for a state-level ERA ballot initiative in the state of New York
LWVNY "ERA One Pager"
The LWVBN Summer edition of the Voter newsletter has been posted (4 August 2023)
Outer Harbor Waterfront Must Remain Accessible
Read the opinion piece by LWVBN President Lori Robinson published in the Buffalo News (09/18/2022).
Statement on Buffalo shooting
League Condemns Racist Mass Shooting in Buffalo, NY (05/16/2022)